It’s almost your 40th birthday! We know you’re excited and we get it. After all, the 40th birthday celebration is a significant event. It’s a moment to celebrate years of accomplishments and conquering difficulties while looking forward to future growth, pursuing one’s passions, and simply living life. There’s just one question: how do you commemorate this significant birthday? Well, you can go all out with a large party or keep it low-key with your closest friends and family at a modest gathering.
If you’re having a hard time coming up with ideas, don’t sweat it. We’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll give you simple party planning advice and ideas for activities for a 40th birthday in Denver. This way, you’ll get to throw the perfect party, whether you want a huge bash or something a bit more low-key.
Make the Night Special
While organizing a 40th birthday party for yourself or a friend may be a lot of fun, there are many factors to take into account. Breaking down the party preparation into manageable sections ensures you don’t miss anything.
Here’s a simple guide to planning your party:
- Invite their friends, family, and closest colleagues early
- Find a creative way to share memories of the person
- Choose an event that allows the group to hang out comfortably.
- Get creative with 40th birthday decorations
- Factor in the food
Now that you know how to organize a spectacular party, it’s time to look further into some entertaining ideas for the big event. Here are our Top Picks for 40th Birthday Party Ideas in Denver.
Explore Denver’s Breweries With the Denver Microbrew Tour
Denver is internationally regarded as a center for craft brewing. Although the RiNo District provides a fantastic opportunity to explore the craft brewing sector alone, you can also go on a guided tour to receive a complete experience and in-depth understanding of the craft. We guarantee that this is unlike any tour you’ve ever taken.
The Denver Microbrew Tour takes you through some of Denver’s most distinctive and interesting craft beer establishments in RiNo and LoDo, allowing you to admire some stunning graffiti created by a range of regional artists. This tour is the ideal fusion of eccentric art and excellent beer. It is ideal for a Saturday afternoon and comes with lots of upgrade options such as beer and cheese pairings, food pairings, or a full meal.
Sample Top Restaurants With Delicious Denver Food Tours
What if you’re simply looking for some chill laid back fun? Well, Delicious Denver Food Tours has you covered with a two-hour celebration of amazing nibbles and exquisite beverages. This tour will give you the quality celebration experience you deserve.
You get to chow down on some of the greatest cuisines Denver has to offer, paired with four classic cocktails created by the best cocktail establishments in Denver. From a light and refreshing spritz to a rich and serious Butter Pecan Old Fashioned.
Starting from the recognizable Union Station, you’ll move toward the city’s oldest hotel. You’ll arrive at Denver’s newest and hippest micro-district, the Dairy Block. Here, you get to try a specialty drink and a matched meal at each location, learn about Denver’s expanding cocktail and culinary scenes, and interact with other foodies.
Your knowledgeable local guide will present entertaining drink history and tales from Denver’s Prohibition era. They will also provide information about the current culinary revival that has put Denver on the map for national culinary and beverage aficionados.
Foster Some Competition With Archery Games Denver
Archery Games Denver offers a thrilling and distinctive encounter for your 40th birthday celebration that is unlike anything else. The wildly entertaining Archery Dodgeball requires you to gather your pals and prepare for a fight. Once the battle is over, you can head to the bar and have a beer or a glass of wine as you plan your attack for the next battle.
Archery Games are physically demanding and intense but do not be alarmed. They are also specifically designed with player security as a top priority. You’ll have to wear masks for eye protection, and the arrows are specifically designed to leave no bruises or scars.
Create a Craft Together at Upstairs Circus
At this circus, there are no tigers or elephants, but the homemade drink and DIY experience at Upstairs Circus is unmatched. Everything from paintings to art installations to house furnishings. The Upstairs Circus is a location that is exclusive to Denver. Groups can sip spirits as they work on a variety of crafts that they can enjoy long after the party is over.
Visitors to the circus can choose their own project to build from the extensive Project Menu. The best part is that there are more than 25 crafts available, including ones for producing jewelry and dealing with leather. So, you’ll have the opportunity, materials, equipment, and instructions to create a masterpiece. Creative assistants are available to give you guidance, advice, or assistance and work at your own pace.
Plan a High-End Meal
Celebrating 40 years is a big deal, and a casual eat-out won’t cut it. Denver’s high-end restaurants are inventive culinary labs where master chefs push the limits of both contemporary and traditional cuisine. They are the perfect mix of excellent service, magnificent dining areas, and vast selections of wine.
Consider making a reservation at the following restaurants:
- Panzano: Panzano is not your typical hotel restaurant. This culinary sanctuary features menus filled with inventive antipasti, substantial soups, comfortable pasta meals, exquisite pizzas, fresh seafood, and gourmet meat selections representing Northern Italy’s flavors. Panzano has it all and accommodates up to 200 people.
- Ocean Prime Denver: The restaurant Ocean Prime Denver is well-known for its excellent steak and seafood and is tucked away on one of the city’s oldest and most historic streets. The dinner menu includes locally produced food chosen daily for freshness and American prime steaks meticulously matured for optimum softness and flavor. It only uses the finest quality products.
- Rioja: Rioja is consistently ranked among the top five destinations in Denver. Its modest surroundings with a tinge of the Mediterranean let the food shine. Rioja carefully picks every element to provide a modern, relaxed ambiance in which to savor some of the best food in Denver.
- The Capital Grille: The Capital Grille delivers the ideal ambiance for savoring its highly praised world-class wines, fresh seafood, and nationally famous dry-aged steaks. Art deco chandeliers and African mahogany paneling give the space a warm, regal atmosphere, and the pleasant and attentive service lets you unwind and take it all in. There are several private dining choices at The Capital Grille. The restaurant’s different dining rooms may accommodate parties of eight to thirty-six people.
- Elway’s: Elway’s Cherry Creek has 3 private dining rooms, each with foldable walls, and can accommodate 6 to 75 people. Additionally, there is a courtyard with tented seating and an L-shaped terrace that can hold 20 to 200 visitors each. Groups larger than 20 people can tailor the menu for seated dinners or hors d’oeuvre/cocktail parties.
Outdoor activities are usually a pleasant and energetic way to spend the big day, depending on the weather. On your special day, you can:
Go for a Hike
Why not take a trek in the mountains to kick off the celebration early? Take one of the several day-hike paths in the region to literally and metaphorically get over the hill. Bear Creek Trail allows you to experience some of Denver’s natural splendor. With picnic tables and charcoal grills, you have everything you’ll need to set up and enjoy a day with loved ones.
Hayden Green Mountain Park in Lakewood, which is close to Alameda Avenue, is also an excellent alternative. Several routes atop North Table Mountain in Golden provide stunning views of downtown Denver and the Front Range to the west. Afterward, you can always plan for a round of beers at the LoDo Craft Beer Tour.
If your big 4-0 comes around winter, you can try out some skiing or snowboarding. Colorado is home to the Rocky Mountains, so it is no surprise that the state has some of the best ski resorts in the world. If you live in Denver, these are the ideal locations to slide down the mountain:
- Vail Resorts: Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek… Make sure to get the Epic Pass if you’re considering one of these behemoths!
- Winter Park Resort: The east side of the Fraser Valley is home to the Winter Park Resort. It is owned and run by the city of Denver. Winter Park provides simple access for visitors arriving at Denver International Airport as it is the nearest significant tourist resort to Denver.
- Loveland Ski Area: Loveland receives 400 inches of snow on average every year. Loveland offers skiing opportunities unlike anything else available at other ski slopes. It is the preferred resort for locals. This place is ideal for learning to ski, with practical lessons for skiers of all ability levels and affordable rental costs. Make sure to grab a 4-pack at the beginning of the season for the best price!
- Echo Mountain: Echo Mountain is just a half-hour drive from the city center and is situated south of Idaho Springs. Compared to other resorts, Echo Mountain is far less expensive, and the terrain is designed primarily for novices. Echo Mountain is a convenient and cost-effective choice for those new to skiing or snowboarding and want to try it out. It is also one of the few resorts that provide night skiing.
Zipline at Idaho Springs
If you’re an adrenaline junkie then this is the ultimate plan. Ziplining at Idaho Springs provides an opportunity to discover Colorado’s vibrant Clear Creek, one of the most exciting river sections, and to have a canopy adventure while learning about the history of mining. The zip line park is made to excite everyone, from fearful beginners to intense outdoor aficionados. You will learn the necessary skills from qualified instructors who accompany you on the three-hour zip line trip.
Take the Rope Course at Treehouse Adventure Park
If you think about it, treehouse birthday parties are the best. Treehouse Adventure Park provides birthday packages for parties with 8 or more guests. The packages include:
- Reduced ticket prices for groups of 8 or more participants.
- Free shirt from the shirt yurt for the birthday’s “guest of honor.”
- a two to three-hour climb or zip.
- All required climbing gear.
- Instruction and orientation for the course.
- Picnic tables reserved in advance.
Channel Your Inner Mario Kart
Denver’s Unser Karting and Events is another ideal place to host your 40th birthday celebration. Here, you get to beat your competition and have a fantastic time at the Trackside Tavern’s 40th birthday party with 12 beers on tap and delicious cuisine. Alternatively, you can hang out in your private event area with catered food and cake. Just be careful not to drink too much before.
Indoor Golf at South Broadway Country Club
South Broadway Country Club is a luxurious golfing facility and prides itself as a “non-members only” club. One of Denver’s most undervalued cocktail bars, South Broadway Country Club has a fantastic range of local draft beer and excellent wine.
The South Broadway Country Club will excite your taste buds, bring out your inner Tiger Woods, and let you enjoy the company of great friends. It offers customized golf lessons and a virtual golfing experience that enables you to play renowned courses like Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, and over 120 others.
Make it A 40th Birthday to Remember!
Being on the earth for 40 years is no minor accomplishment, so make the best of your birthday. Denver offers numerous unique and distinctive ways to celebrate in style. Although four decades is a big deal, remember that the true reason for the celebration is the person, not the age. Pick a party theme that reflects your interests or those of the honored person, and have fun.
Looking for more ways to celebrate your 40th birthday? Contact us for personalized recommendations!